Delivery, installation and deployment of Hospital Information System in General Hosptital and Medical Center St. Sofia
Period of implementation
May - September 2014
General Hospital St. Sofia
The delivery, installation and deployment of Hospital Information System on 50 work stations included:
- Hospital Information System (HIS) that creates electronic medical record for each patient. The HIS covers all hospital activities and is implemented as an open system built on a modular principle. A platform for integration with external information systems based on XML and HL7 standards for exchanging medical data was realized. The Database Management System is MS SQL, the client part works under the MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 operating system with installed .NET Framework, and supports work with MS Office.The server part works under MS Windows Server. The system ensures the highest degree of data and information flow protection from unauthorized access and has a reliable system for backup of information and its restoration after a possible failure.
- Integration between the Hospital Information System (HIS) and the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) – exchange of HL7 messages between HIS and PACS
- Integration between the Hospital Information System (HIS) and the existing Laboratory Information System (LIS) of the company Synevo – exchange of HL7 messages between HIS and LIS
- Integration between the Hospital Information System (HIS) and the existing Hippocrates information system used by the Medical center.
- Installation and deployment of accounting and storage system (Accounting Module, Storage Module, Fixed Assets Module, Personnel Module and integration between the HIS, the Payroll Program and the accounting module
- Delivery of hardware – HIS management server – 1 pc., workstation for HIS – 10 pcs., USP – 2 pcs., server rack – 1 pc.
With the completion of the overall project, St. Sofia General Hospital has high-tech equipment fully integrated between the different information systems which the hospital operates with. The achieved result is a single patient record realized according to international standards, which is to help doctors for more accurate and timely diagnostics and treatment of patients of the hospital. A number of additional features were realized within the project, contributing to its successful completion. Thanks to the possibilities for system integration, a significant part of the hospital investments in software products purchased in the past have been preserved. Thus, the transition of the medical and administrative staff to working with the new systems was smoother and more successful.