Cross has dealt with full meteorology road since 1995. The company has solid experience in the development and installation of road weather stations and it offers them together with the necessary information support by specialists in winter road cleaning. In this area, the company has focused its efforts on developing software solutions that are unique in their capabilities.
A high-end full-featured road weather station for automatic collection and transmission of meteorological and pavement data in road traffic for maintenance professionals. CrossMet is the essential hardware for weather data acquisition. The station has a reputation of a reliable and flexible system. CrossMet provides early warnings about dangerous situations on the road such as frost, ice, mist, strong wind and wet or snow-covered surface. The intelligence inside the station allows the direct control of connected variable message signs.
- Open-platform datalogger
- Field-proven reliability in harsh conditions
- Fully customizable and extensible
- Variable set of sensors for different client requirements
- Air temperature, relative humidity, wind direction and speed, road condition and road surface temperature (ice detection), precipitation, visibility, remote sensors and others
- Cameras for road status monitoring
- Extended communication possibilities
- Possibility for alternative power supply use
Advanced road weather information system. It is a unique single-platform software solution designed for sharing and presenting road weather data, allowing users to have full information about changing weather conditions on the roads in real time. All available weather information sources are integrated in a single application: road weather stations, weather forecasts of hydrometeorological centers, SSWM, camera pictures, radar data animation and many other features. The METIS system can be fully customized according to the specific clients requirements. Including for example language versions, local data from hydrometeorological centers and existing road weather stations.
Status Map advanced road weather information system
- A single software platform for all road weather data
- Real technology independence
- Fully customizable and extensible
- Focused on decision making of winter maintenance operators
- Single-platform software system for presentation of different available road weather forecasts
- Interactive data presentation using maps, (animated) images, graphs, tables and text
- Complex yet user-friendly application
- SMS / e-mail alerting
- Online access from every computer and web browser, no local installation needed
- User authentication and role-based access
- Remote support
SSWM is one of the most complex and accurate winter road maintenance decision support systems available on the market.
The integrated model predicts road conditions, road surface temperature, freezing temperature, precipitation in the form of snow for the day for every kilometer of the road network.
The support system for winter maintenance is integrated into the road weather forecasting system METIS.
- Easy user interface
- Fast implementation and inclusion of a new road network
- Field-proven, precise predictions
- The tool of state structures and experts dealing with traffic safety
- Integration of all relevant information sources into a single prediction system
- Accessible through the web program, password protected
- Forecast of road conditions, road surface and soil temperature, as well as freezing temperatures, and the quantity of precipitation in the form of snow
- Hourly forecast for the next day for each km of the road network
Winter maintenance index with cost analysis and invoicing capability.
The WMi is a solution providing different subcontractors with full control over expenses of winter road maintenance regardless of location, weather conditions and road network length.
The system provides full control over winter road maintenance funding regardless of location, weather conditions and road network length.
Winter Maintenance Index (WMi) is a system of deep analysis and elaborate comparison of winter road maintenance performance (e.g. salting, plowing) and costs depending on real meteorological conditions over a defined road network. The purpose of WMi is to give an objective indication of winter severity, and especially to compare maintenance performances among different road maintenance contractors working in different conditions by using a comparative method.
- Unique system
- Experience in using: 9 years / 50,000 km of roads
- The best system for winter road maintenance costs control among all existing on the market
- Remote support via the Internet
- Independent of weather conditions, topography, altitude, road network length
- Fast correction in case of any changes in the conditions of maintenance contractors
- Cost savings and maintenance optimization
- Comprehensive analysis of winter maintenance adequacy depending on real meteorological conditions
- Definition of regional / national standard level of winter maintenance
- Identification of regions with maximum winter maintenance level leading to optimization of finance allocation
- Detailed financial validation of subcontractors’ invoices
- Quick detection of errors in invoices